Sunday, February 23, 2014

Having It All: One Career-Minded Mommy’s Story (Part 2)




The laughable scenarios that present themselves to me in my own home just never stop. However, as I mentioned in Part 1 of “Having It All,” I am just sincerely happy that now that I am a NeriumAD Brand Partner, I am able to be there to witness my kids’ antics more often. For me, that is what life is all about.
 
Raising a family while maintaining a career and saving money for retirement (and your kids’ college!) can be insanely tiresome. The ability to make my own work schedule and spend more time with my family is just one invaluable reason that I am so grateful I finally made the decision to quit my corporate job and then become a NeriumAD Brand Partner. Here are some more reasons to consider taking a less traditional career route by partnering with Nerium International.

-My sense of self-worth has skyrocketed
When I worked for someone else I was constantly reprimanded for things that weren’t even my fault. Then, when I did a magnificent job on a project, it seemed as though my work was never even acknowledged. The biggest reward I could hope for was a “pat on the back” or a brief break from being hounded by multiple managers. That kind of work environment really took a toll on my self-esteem.

Since I am now my own boss and own my own company, my confidence levels are at an all-time high. I’ve escaped being micromanaged by superiors that misinterpret situations without even asking for my side of the story. I don’t have to deal with the cutthroat competition that always seemed to hang in the air at the office. I get to relax, do my job at my own speed, and bask in my own successes. I reap the benefits of my hard work and get to watch my income increase as I continue to invest my time and effort in my own company. I’ve never been happier with my work environment because I create it! This reason, alone, is worth considering a career change and partnering with Nerium International.

-I have control over every business decision
As a NeriumAD Brand Partner I own my own business, so I have full control over every business decision that is made. Business decisions have always affected my family, and my career in the long-term. However, until now I haven’t had the freedom to make executive decisions. At my 9 to 5 job I had no say in making the choices that molded my future and my family’s future. As a business owner, I exercise complete control over these important life choices. The decisions are in my hands and I never again have to trust someone else to make them for me.

There are tons of reasons why I’m glad I made the switch from employment to owning my own business. The main reason that I am committed to being a NeriumAD Brand Partner is that it allows me to follow my passion. As you know, my passion is spending time with my family. Being there for every hilarious moment and being there for them when they need me is a benefit that no employer can give me. Starting your own business can be an intimidating decision to make, but in my personal experience with Nerium International, the benefits far outweigh the costs. Stay-at-home mommies, you can have it all! I never thought it was possible, but Nerium International has made me a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment