Sunday, November 3, 2013

My High-Definition Reality Check: Skincare Isn’t Just for Women



Honestly, I never really felt “old” until my daughter’s wedding. And it wasn’t because I couldn’t believe I was actually walking my baby girl down the aisle when it felt like I was just walking her to the first day of kindergarten. I mean, I was thinking that. But it was actually that pricey high definition photographer that my wife insisted on. A week after the wedding, she excitedly called me over to the computer for a first look at the photos. 
 
After reliving one of the happiest days of my life, I couldn’t help but notice all the lines around my forehead, eyes, and mouth. It’s nothing new to me that I had wrinkles. With all the checks that needed to be written, I hadn’t been paying too much attention, but I’d thought that you could only see these wrinkles when you looked in the mirror way up close. Other than shaving, I’d never had much of a skincare routine before. I’d never needed one. I thought more than washing with soap in the shower was for women. Even just picking up something for my wife, the rows and rows of floral-scented products in the skincare aisle overwhelmed me. None of my male friends ever talked about getting into skincare. I just thought that guys don’t do that.
Did these magic cameras have the ability to see things invisible to the not-very-close eye, or do I just see what I want to see in the mirror? I shouldn’t have asked. My wife laughed as she absentmindedly clicked through the album again.
“Of course you have wrinkles, honey. You’re 53.”
She is a few years older than me, a fact she doesn’t like to hear out loud too much. “But your skin is smoother than a baby’s bottom. You look great in these pictures.,” I replied.
“You should sound happier about that, you know. And, yes, because I actually put effort into my appearance,” she said.
“I don’t have time for that.”
“Really? Because you spend more time cutting your toenails than I do taking care of my skin.”
A gave her an incredulous look despite the fact that my nails grow very quickly. She laughed. “I’ll show you.”
That’s when I met NeriumAD Age-Defying Treatment for the first time. All you do is apply the cream every night before bed, a habit that has integrated perfectly with my bedtime routine. Right after application, my skin feels nice and tight, and continued application has diminished the look of my wrinkles and fine lines. Wanting to know how this works, I read that NeriumAD contains patented NAE-8 extract from Nerium oleander and Aloe barbadensis, which have remarkable age-defying results. I’ve even had a few buddies tentatively ask if I started using a new lotion or anything. After explaining I’d been using a cream much more sophisticated and yet just as easy as applying lotion, they’re using NeriumAD too.
My wife was pleased with the results too. “Great!” she said. “Because we’re hiring that photographer for Amy’s wedding as well.”
I smiled. “And I can’t wait to see the pictures!”

No comments:

Post a Comment