Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Please Don’t Tell My Mother that She Was Right

Oh, wow, my mom was right… in so many ways. It took me so very, very long to realize this, and perhaps I only finally did because I am now a mother myself. Or perhaps it is because I am finally finagling my way through adulthood and understanding what kind of challenges we, as women, face daily. Nourishing my skin with NeriumAD, for example, is something that I wish I’d started doing years ago. However, I was just too stubborn to invest in an anti-aging solution that actually came with real results. Here, you’ll find additional advice from my mom that I wish I’d adhered to years ago. 

-You won’t stay young forever  
Taking care of your skin is a necessity and my mom isn’t the “I told you so” type, thank goodness, but I’m sure she’s relieved I’ve finally become concerned about the appearance of my skin. Although NeriumAD Age-Defying Treatment wasn’t yet developed while I was young and unconcerned about the signs of aging surfacing on my skin, it is now a skin care secret that my mother and I happily share.  NeriumAD Age-Defying Treatment combats my fine lines and wrinkles, making my skin look and feel more refreshed that it has in years.  This product’s ability to rejuvenate my damaged skin cells and balance out uneven skin tone, wile diminishing the severity of brown spots is truly something that both mom and I can agree upon. Both of us are thankful for the transformative formula that is NeriumAD Age-Defying Treatment, and when the time is right, I’ll be thrilled to pass along this anti-aging solution to my daughters.

-Please don't get that tribal tattoo. You will regret it.
Okay, so I don’t exactly have a tribal tattoo, but the cluster of daisies on my hip that I thought was super-cute when I was 19 years old is significantly less cute now that I am in my late thirties. The good news is this: laser removal is now an option. Albeit, it’s an unnecessary expense, and one that would have been easily avoidable if only I had listened to mom back in the day. However, if my daughters one day decide to go rogue and opt to have their skin stamped with butterflies or the Chinese symbol for poem, I’ll be able to rest easy knowing that what was once permanent is now an inconvenience.

Confession time: the title of this article is a little bit tongue-in-cheek. I tell my mom all the time how right she was and has always been. What are the snippets of advice that your mom gave you that you’ve been wishing you’d paid more attention to? Post your own should-haves in the comments section below. Don’t worry- Mum’s the word!


No comments:

Post a Comment